Theme Notebook

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Learning Profile

My learning profile is Gestalt and my learning type is LL. That means that my dominate body parts are my right ear, right eye, right hand, and left foot. Since I am Gestalt, means that I right brained. Gestalt means that I prefer not to do things step by step or in a mannerly fashion.

I learn best when I use movement, or acting it out and by focusing on the whole idea, what the context is and its relevance. I need to be able to move while learning with a minimal external sensory stimulus. I need to be able to work alone and work in a quiet environment, especially when learning new things. The strategies the would help me in my learning is not step by step instructions, imagining the end result, using metaphors when problem solving. I would like my teachers to know that I almost always need something to play with, a pencil, eraser etc… And I have a huge disadvantage under stress and cannot learn easily when under stress. And that I prefer it when we get help and guide lines in class before, so that I can understand the job that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment